Monday, February 20, 2012
Nike Hyperfuse
The Nike Hyperfuse 2011 is a new generation of shoe by the folks at Nike, and it is the latest shoe that I have purchased and worn while I play basketball. I rely on a shoe to have a great deal of support because my ankles are weakened due to multiple injuries. The design of the Hyperfuse is extremely slim, and I this can cause some problems. I wasn’t able to strap on my ankle brace and put the shoe on. The shoe is just too slim in all spots for anything other than the foot to enter. I also found that toward the toe of the shoe, it becomes very tight. I had to develop new calluses because my feet were blistering so often on the outsides of my feet. I think this may be due to quick planting, which means the shoe is not for guards with wider than average feet. The traction of this shoe is great. I have never felt any slipping on the courts, and the courts at the rec center are rarely sweeped. I believe the shoe was designed for outdoor and indoor usage, so that explains the extreme amount of traction. One of the great features about this shoe is how lightweight it is. It’s a very lightweight shoe that is great for quick changes of direction and speed. However, a sacrifice had to be made to create a lightweight design. As far as I can tell, the cushioning on this shoe is minimal. I don’t have a great need for cushioning because I am always on my toes, but if you stand around a lot or are in the post relying on a strong base, then this shoe might not be for you. Overall, this is probably the third or fourth best shoe I’ve ever worn for basketball. I’d give it an overall rating of a 7/10. Pick up a pair here at Nike.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment