| SOURCE: www.dimemag.com |
Now
this picture pretty much sums up what I think of these ABA jerseys. They’re disco, retro, Miami Vice, Grand Theft
Auto Vice City, and style all in one. I’ve
heard some commentary that these are some of the worst throwback jerseys that
they could have brought back, but I beg to differ. If you want to see a nasty jersey, go look at
the Memphis ABA jersey. The jersey
itself is not bad, and I like the lettering.
But the transition of color to the shorts is atrocious. Yellow to green, no transition, just picture
it. Yeah, it’s that bad. Now back to these jerseys. They’re nice, they’re clean, and they’re
simple. The colors pop cleanly off the
white, and there isn’t a tacky logo to screw it up. They keep the new wave swingman look and bring
back the color scheme of the 70s. Everyone
loves a good 70s party. Now they just
need to start playing with the old red, white, and blue basketball; the look would
really be complete then! I think part of
the reason that I love these jerseys is because they fit the team very
well. It’s a team that’s fun to watch,
and they’re flashy (Hollywood as Joakim Noah put it), but not too flashy. These jerseys fit the attitude and style of
play of the Miami Heat in 2012. I think
some critics of the uniforms might be shying away because of the use of pink,
but come on now; we’ve got to get over that.
It’s 2012. A color can’t be something you base a judgment upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment