Thursday, February 16, 2012

Heat vs. Knicks (my prediction)

I can’t wait for the Miami Heat to play the New York Knicks.  To most of the public, Jeremy Lin has been playing like Superman.  He is converts three point plays and hits game winning shots like he was born to perform.  All of this will come to a stop against LeBron James and the Miami Heat.  Let me repeat that.  All of this will come to a stop.  There is no way possible that Jeremy Lin scores 20 points against this team.  I would say that I am 100% confident about this.  The Heat have too much pride to let him single handedly take over the game and bring them down.  They will capitalize on his turnovers which is what I’d like to focus on now.  Everyone has been making a big deal about the kid’s ability to score, but he is a point guard.  Point guards have an understood role of distributing the ball with great efficiency.  Lin turns the ball over close to eight times per game, and that is a telling stat.  If this were any other system or coach, Lin’s decision making would be at the forefront of the discussion.  Coach D’Antoni’s system allows Lin to play through his mistakes no matter how many he makes.  The media seems to skip over the amount of turnovers this guy makes.  I don’t see how this is continuously forgiven.  Keeping possession is key to winning games.  Every time the ball is turned over, a possession is wasted.  When Carmelo Anthony returns, possessions where Lin has the ball and is allowed to create will be more limited.  Each possession needs to be cherished, and with Lin in the game, they aren’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment