Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2012 Alternates

SOURCE: ESPN.com

The alternate jerseys for 2012 have moved to the dark side.  If you haven't been watching the Heat play this year, then you probably haven't seen these jerseys.  But if you have been watching them, you've seen the sleek new color scheme and how good they look on the floor.  Last season, the Heat placed themselves in the villain's role with their press conference when LeBron and Chris Bosh decided to play in South Beach.  These jerseys help them achieve the look of the villain, and I really enjoy them.  It reminds me of a Jay-Z "all black everything" look.  I think it is extremely modern and streamline, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't love them.  I've always been a fan of the alternate jersey though.  I just believe the color schemes work better in the alternate jersey, and I like the idea of being able to wear them during away games and home games.  I think some of this may stem from high school where our away jerseys were always a goofy orange color, and the referees would always deem them to be red.  “Red ball,” “Out of bounds- red”.  These calls never sat well with me, and I was constantly annoyed with refs calling us red.  It would have been much easier if we were given the choice to wear black alternates from time to time.  It would have at least eased my pain for a few games.  I’m sure the American Airlines Arena is a buzz every time the Heat wear these jerseys, and you can probably be sure to hear “Back in Black” playing each game.

No comments:

Post a Comment